Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
Cedarville University, Cedarville, OH
Psychology BA June 2002
- Certified Personal Trainer through the American Council on Exercise (A.C.E.)
- Group Fitness Instructor teaching a variety of aerobic, strength, and aquatic classes for over 6 years.
Hobbies and Interests:
- I am a very active person and would rather be moving than sitting still, so exercise is an essential part of my life. My own exercise program includes a variety of elements, like boxing, plyometrics, core strength, free weights, running, and swimming.
- I also enjoy visual arts and painting, traveling, a good concert, and a nice glass of wine. Coming from a pretty large and loud family, home-cooked meal and a game of cards is always a good time.
- Iíve lived in a war zone and been sky diving: generally, Iíll try anything once!
Quotes and Thoughts:
- My grandmother gave me a bracelet engraved with the quote: ďWhat lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.Ē Those words prove themselves to be true over and over again. Circumstances can make goals easy or hard to achieve but your attitude is what makes goals become a reality or an impossible dream.
- Your actions reflect your true priorities. If you genuinely want something, you will choose to take the steps to make it happen. If you donít take those steps, then it really isnít that important to you. ď Actions speak louder than words.Ē
- The reason I exercise and eat well? I want my body to be able to handle anything that I want to do and anything that life throws my way. Physical fitness is about a lot more than your body. You canít perform your best mentally or emotionally if your body is out of shape.
Click here for a printer friendly version of Katie's Bio.