Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist
Certified Lifestyle & Weight Management Consultant
- Certified Personal Fitness Trainer through the American Council on Exercise (A.C.E.)
- Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist through A.C.E.
- Certified Lifestyle & Weight Management Consultant through A.C.E.
- YogaFit® Certified Yoga Instructor
- Cardio Athletic Kickboxing instructor
Hobbies and Interests:
- For three years I have been training a wide variety of clients ranging from young athletes to people with all types of health conditions ranging from arthritis to heart disease.
- Group fitness instructor teaching yoga, aerobics and kickboxing.
- Lifestyle and Weight Management Consultant working one-on-one with clients to help them develop healthier lifestyles that incorporates exercise and proper nutrition as part of their daily life.
- Of course my main interest is exercises. I spend a portion of just about every day at the gym. My personal workout consists of strength training followed by about one hour of cardio. My favorite workout would have to be kickboxing. It is a great workout and an even better stress reliever! I spend my summers at the Jersey Shore kayaking, surfing and relaxing on the beach. I spent my summers as a kid on a boat at the shore, so I still enjoy fishing and water skiing. I am very dedicated to my children and my family and most of my spare time is spent with them.
Quotes and Thoughts:
- I spent most of my young life being very active and playing all types of sports. As I got older, settled down and started having kids, I gained a lot of weight. I spent about six years living in a body that did not belong to the person I knew myself to be. I got in the vicious cycle of starting “my diet tomorrow”. After joining a local gym, working one-on-one with a personal trainer (who came to be my mentor!) I have realized that exercise and nutrition aren’t as much about reaching that ideal weight and pant size as they are about changing your lifestyle. I think everyone has a picture of who they would like to be and who they are in their head. I have learned that if you just make small, realistic changes in your life it makes your goal much more attainable then biting off more than you can chew! I have taken the expression “adapt a healthy lifestyle” and have literally made it my life!
Click here for a printer friendly version of Lisa's Bio.