Scott Shelley, P.T.
Patti Lindstrom, R.D.
Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
Camden County College, Blackwood, NJ '00
Personal Trainer Certificate and Certification
Presidents Academic Excellence Award
Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX
Bachelor of Science and Masters Degree in Education, '80
- Certified Personal Fitness Trainer through the American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- 6 years experience conducting fitness classes in nursing homes and assisted- living communities with seniors of varying ability and mobility - helping older adults to retain the mobility in their joints to pursue the daily activities that define their quality of life. Classes include stretching, use of balls, bands, and blockers.
- Experience conducting on-site classes with the local multiple sclerosis society.
- While interested in the needs of special populations, I also train a wide variety of otherwise healthy clients in their homes.
Hobbies and Interests:
- Being a mom to a teenager (talk about special populations!)
- Working out at the gym
- Reading - especially mysteries
- Jogging and playing volleyball
- Water Parks
- Snorkeling and scuba diving
- Swimming with dolphins on vacation
- Having a registered pet therapy dog named Barney
- Interior decorating
- Enjoying a good margarita
Quotes and Thoughts:
- From a jock to personal trainer with a few detours along the way, that's how I would describe my lifelong pursuit of overall health and fitness. After playing volleyball, softball and basketball in high school and later in college, I lost sight of what my passion really was during those college years and changed paths. Even though I had changed paths, I never left the gym. Years later, after leaving the computer industry, I was able to come full circle to pursue a life long dream. I went back to college, and my roots, to obtain formal training to become a personal trainer.
- To me, being a personal trainer means being a coach, motivator, educator and counselor. It's all about the relationship, helping people get on the road to a healthier lifestyle and having some laughs along the way. Being healthier and being fit is a journey…..Let yours begin today!
Click here for a printer friendly version of Laurene's Bio.